Cedar Hill Baptist Church was started as a mission of East Brewton Baptist. The first step was to organize a Sunday school which met in the home of Mr. and Mrs. Dempsey Batson who lived in the Cedar Hill community and were members of East Brewton Baptist Church. After a few weeks, Rev. Clifford Matthews was invited to preach a series of evangelistic messages in the small building on Highway 29. At the end of the revival meeting the decision was made to organize Cedar Hill Baptist Mission on October 4, 1958. The church grew rapidly, and by Nov 8, 1959 there were fifty members, and the church was constituted into an individual church named Cedar Hill Baptist Church. The church continued to grow and the first unit of the current campus was built and the first services were held on July 19, 1960. By fall of 1965, the church had once again outgrown its space and began a building program to construct the current sanctuary. The first services were held in the new building on August 7, 1966. In 1967 the church built a pastorium and in 1969 the Education/Fellowship Hall was built.
We affirm the Holy Bible as the inspired and inerrant word of God and the basis of our beliefs. There is one and only one living and true God. This Eternal God reveals Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence, or being. We believe in the priesthood of the believer. We voluntarily band ourselves together as a body of baptized believers in Jesus Christ personally committed to sharing the good news of salvation to lost mankind. The ordinances of the church are believer’s baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
Cedar Hill Baptist Church is in friendly cooperation with the Escambia Baptist Association, the Alabama Baptist State Convention, and the Southern Baptist Convention.